Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Fusch to Lajen

We did not stay at very many traditional hotels on this trip. This hotel had a breakfast included and what a smorgabord it was! There was a wing of more German cold cuts and hard rolls, a wing of salads, a bar of juices and kaffee options, and a dessert fruit place. I took a few pictures. What also tickled me perhaps more than it should was the use of the plaid fabric on the seats. It was so precisely straight. It was engineered to perfection and looked terrific. One might not think about it unless you have tried to work with a bold plaid before, or shopped for a patterned piece of furniture. Ausgezeichnet!
We saw the most beautiful begonia "waterfall", and so I took a picture of it in case I want to recreate it on my shed next year. The older 3 ladies sitting on the bench watched me and were laughing. They seemed tickled that I liked it so much. I can only imagine they created it. We had a language barrier so I could not ask, but we were all happy.
It occurred to me on this leg of our trip that the mountainous driving was going to continue. Indefinitely. Chuck was seeing a lot of road but perhaps he would like to see some of the sights from the window as we drove by. So there are quite a few pictures of guard rails and mountains in my photo album. I'll try to include some of the more memorable ones, but spare you the "yet another pretty mountain ravine" picture. Many of the towns had roundabouts and there was a statue or more in several. This one made me laugh out loud.
Cows are everywhere, and not prohibited or gated. In this instance a herd was crossing the road. Austrian drivers are patient. They didn't even honk.
The switchbacks here are numbered. I supposed as we drove by a #30 something that this was where to clearly send the ambulance. Again I was so thankful for a sunny day and a minumum of road construction. Yes, there was some but they let one way of traffic through at a time using either human flaggers or a short stop light system. When we would take a roadtrip in the past, Twizzlers made it official, so I packed some, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who's been to Visit?