Thursday, September 14, 2023

From 2970 Meters to Sea Level

When we were at the top of the Piz Gloria, the sign said 2970 meters, the Swiss Skyline. I'm not so good with meters, so I want you to know that it's 1.8 MILES or 3,248 yard (sticks) up into the air.
Our trip today has us descending from the clouds to head toward sea level, Treviso and ultimately VENICE. (This Prime truck gave us a giggle, up in the clouds)
Sometimes on long car rides, you just need to go to the bathroom, you know? Toilettes are not free at road side rest areas. I always had a 50 cent and a 1 euro coin in my pocket, just in case. But at this gas station, they had a little counter, where there bathroom was free with purchase and they had an espresso machine and fresh pastries. So, when in...Italy...
Chuck had to try the Lemon soda. It was strong lemon and pretty sweet for me. We liked the slender coolers, I forgot to take a picture of the coffee counter. In Italy, most drink their espresso, or cappucchino if it's before 11 am, standing up. Their breakfast daily is a croissant type pastry with a little filling. It is most often creme (vanilla), marmalade like apricot, or chocolate. I liked them all. Mine today was chocolate, not the shape, it's not quite an Italian style croissant, but, yum. You imght be wondering about a gas station croissant, but they were made that morning, not wrapped in plastic, in a clear case with a tongs. Everywhere. They take their breakfast pastry very seriously.
Like some states in America you could buy alcohol here, but I've never seen grappa to go.
LOOK! LOOK! It's Venezia on the sign! Sorry, my mistake. It was still a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who's been to Visit?