Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Dolomites-Hike in Seceda

There were threats of rain for the afternoon we planned to go up into the mountains to hike, so despite the (choral) lack of sleep, we put on our gear and headed out. I had my sweater and a raincoat, plus the hiking boots on. The town we needed to get to meant going back down the mountain, and then trying to locate a parking place in Ortesei. We found one but it meant hiking the town to get to the cable car.The cable car ride was another incredible experience, but I didn't make a video. Sometimes it felt like we were almost in an elevator, going straight up the side of the mountain. See that mountain in the far distance? That's where we are headed.
It was amazing. I had no words. It was another one of those speechless moments that took my breath away. Please note that there is no guard rail here either.
This was the longest hike of our trip. We did 7 miles before the storm. Chuck took a picture of me on the edge of the ledge that I can't wait to see. I was pretty surprised that I did it. I wasn't sure my pre-trip prep had been enough. I went right to the edge and stretched out my arms and thanked God for the privilege of being here. On the way back from the hike I stopped and took a panorama to remember the expanse of it all. https://youtu.be/ZtuShfYt-hw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who's been to Visit?