Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good Life



A sign as I drive
to work, to school, to my peaceful place
The Good Life For Sale
Arrived, Status , Success and
Happiness await.

Recognize
Hard work. Be a good boy.
Pride of Ownership
Good, earned
Life, purchased

The chasing beyond the gate continues.
A shattered reality sets in
The good life is not here!
My pool, his manicured lawn, our overtime
Where is Life? Where is Good?

Discovery.
For Sale, says a sign. Can I buy?
A State of Mind, A
Forgiven Breath of Grace,
this Good Life?

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I think it has to be earned. But buying is a nice thought. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you can earn it, either. How would be "good" enough to earn a good life? I've seen people work really hard and stuff still happens...

    ReplyDelete

Who's been to Visit?