Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Musical Library-"Heads will Roll"


Theme Thursday is "Library" and I can't tell you how funny it is to stand on a piano bench and have all these faces staring up at me! These are some of the people in my music library. When I use these books with my students we call them the Talking Head books. Many publishers use head shots as covers. As I look at this picture after I've taken it, I chose a lot of dead white guys. Oops, sorry, Clara. That's not all I teach though, it's just that the contemporary pedagogical covers use "kid-friendly" art, comic book or Holiday Inn landscapes.

I get to go to a seminar the next few days-I'll tell you all about it when I can!

8 comments:

  1. Great post - I like the musical contribution to the theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the theme, something other than books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musical libraries; a nice change. L would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others - I like the change. But yes, those sure are a lot of dead old white guys! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying your posts. I grew up playing piano, played for church in my early twenties. I don't have a piano now, just a keyboard, and I miss that. Love all the dead guys - well their music of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gone through most of the Library Themes and I think you are the only one who had a Music Library. Unless you count our CD libraries.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, mixing it up going with the music library! Talking Heads...funny!

    ReplyDelete

Who's been to Visit?