Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Won a Book!





I entered a drawing at the Common Good Bookstore. This is Garrison Keillor's shop in St. Paul, a really interesting lower level nook of a shop with the most interesting reads. See Here for a few photos of the shop.

I received an email that I won a copy of My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult. Click Here to see the cover and an overview. I can't wait to dig in and read it next week!

My impression is that most all books are better than their movie counterparts so I am also glad about the timing. I have a pact with myself that I will see movies based on books only after having read them. I have instigated a similar "rule" at the house for all the readers here. Well, we try.

Here are pictures of the sidewalk and storefront of the Common Good Bookstore, the building style of old St. Paul, and the beautiful day. Sorry, I didn't see Garrison Keillor there - but I already have his autograph. We were speakers at a music seminar a few years ago.

Please let me know what you thought of the author, or the book, or the topic, if you've read it. I've heard that it's controversial.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This was one of the recommende reads on Sarah Laurence's blog, which I visit quite often. She is an author herself.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning a prize. I don't know about the book, but I enjoyed the post-- didn't know G Keillor had a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and cool link! Looks nice and cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great, now after reading the into, I have to go out and get the book and read it!

    ReplyDelete

Who's been to Visit?