Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teacher Gifts





I'm a little surprised when my students give me gifts at the end of the school year. I don't remember doing this for my teachers. I know that I said thank you, but I'm pretty sure that gifts are a relatively new thing, rather like gift bags at birthday parties.

Personally, the students and I have shared so many laughs and so much music and fun over the year, that I should be giving them a gift too. In public school, you get a new teacher every year. Some of my students and I have known each other over ten years. We've gone through baby teeth and braces, drivers permits and first dates. It is such a privilege to watch them grow in life and music.

I have to say goodbye to my Slovakian foreign exchange student (young lady on the left with her exchange 'sis') and my senior twins in the next 24 hours. It will be a bittersweet treat. We've matured, changed and learned so much from each other. That is the true gift to me. Here's a sample of preciousness.

1 comment:

Who's been to Visit?