Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ocean Fries

Just before Christmas, my five year old student was having a very hard time concentrating at his lesson. I presumed it was the upcoming holiday, Santa and all.
I asked him what was on his mind.

"Last summer, we went to Santabel Island and I went swimming in the ocean."

At this point, I was wondering if I should have asked the question.

"When I was swimming in the ocean, I got water in my mouth. It was DIS-GUST-ING!"

"I've tasted ocean water too. You're right, it's not very tasty." Why is he thinking about this right now?

"My mom and dad want to go to Wendy's after my lesson."

"Shall we get back to Silly Clown?"

"One more minute. I don' want to go to Wendy's, Mrs. Wolf. That restaurant started putting sea salt on their french fries! WHY would they DO that? I don't want to go to Wendy's for supper. I am not even going to try ocean fries. No way, no way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who's been to Visit?